Friday, August 27, 2010

Beginnings

Mighty things from small beginnings grow.
-John Dryden
 
Feel free to add a quote about beginnings.....

5 comments:

Room 236 said...

"Play is the beginning of knowledge."
~George Dorsey

Mrs. Weinberg said...

Beginnings aren't so bad.
-Dr. Shout

Donna Noonan said...

BEGINNINGS

Today
You came running
With a small specked egg
Warm in your hand.
You could barely understand,
I know,
As I told you
Of Beginnings --
Of egg and bird
Told, too,
That years ago
You began,
Smaller than sight.
And then,
As egg yearns for sky
And seed
Stretches to tree,
You became --
Like me.

Oh,
But there's
So much more.
You and I,
Child,
Have just begun.

Think:
Worlds from now
What might we be? --
We,
Who are seed
Of Diety.

Carol Lynn Pearson

Ms. Grigway said...

"Beginning is easy-continuing is hard."
~Japanese Proverb

Mrs. Mitchell said...

"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties."
~Francis Bacon