
Our Memorial School Invention Convention will be held on Friday, February 17th at 830am. All are welcome to come!!
A packet went home last week explaining the project. Last Friday, we did some preliminary brainstorming and planning in school. The goal of the project is to try to make an everyday task easier. I asked students to look around the house and think of chores they have that they would like to make easier. Please be brainstorming possibilities at home this weekend as well.
On Monday, we will work on sketching out our ideas and thinking about materials. By next Friday, a final idea must be turned in. I will be sending home a sheet called the "Intend to Invent" which must be turned in at some point next week, Friday at the latest.
There is a group I have created on Edmodo.com for us to discuss the project.
Lastly, kids are invited to visit www.edheads.org to practice their knowledge about simple machines. It will be part of homework next week but kids can visit now if they want. Parents too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment